29 July 2020
To receive notifications about future webinars, please sign up for the webinar mailing list.
The COVID-19 pandemic has meant the sudden closure of schools across the world. As schools slowly begin to reopen, it is important to re-engage children at school differently to the normal – in an environment where children are given time to catch up and learning can continue. Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an evidence-based intervention proven to quickly equip children in grades 3-5 with basic reading and arithmetic skills.
In this webinar, the TaRL Africa team shared more information about the approach, followed by a panel discussion with representatives from countries currently implementing TaRL and organisations supporting the approach:
- Rapelang Bogatsu – Ministry of Basic Education, Botswana
- Faith Kyulabantu Mwamba – Ministry of General Education, Zambia
- Cecilia Sakala – Ministry of General Education, Zambia
- M KONE Raoul, Directeur de Cabinet Adjoint, Côte d’Ivoire
- Mme ADAYE Madeleine, Coordonnatrice Nationale du PEC, Côte d’Ivoire
- Sabina Vigani, Directrice de TRECC
- Yvonne Chomba, USAID Zambia
- Leseka Mukokomani, UNICEF Botswana
Read more about TaRL as a potential approach to accelerate learning.