Are you part of an implementing organisation or government that is frustrated by inadequate gains in learning outcomes? Are you interested in learning about an effective strategy to foundational reading and mathematics skills? Sign up for the TaRL mailing list to receive news about the upcoming webinars.
Join us for a series of webinars about Pratham’s Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL), a methodology that has been shown, through rigorous evaluations, to consistently improve basic reading and numeracy skills. Each webinar will feature presentations by Pratham, J-PAL, and a number of our partner organisations and will give you the opportunity to ask questions.
Session 3: Monitoring and Mentoring
The third webinar on Monitoring and Mentoring took place on Thursday, December 7, at 8:00 AM EST. Devyani Pershad (Head of Program Management, Pratham) discussed the role of monitors and mentors in TaRL programs. Benjamin Piper (Senior Director, RTI International) shared research on teacher coaching and innovative ways of collecting data. Hanno Kemp (Program Director, FUEL) talked about how to ensure monitoring data is used to strengthen systems and inform action.
Links to resources from the third session:
- Pratham impact documents
- Download the Mentors PDF to learn more
- Visit the Monitoring page
Sign up for the TaRL mailing list to get news on upcoming webinars.
- What is Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL)? (30 August 2017)
- Assessment (27 October 2017)
- Monitoring and Mentoring (7 December 2017)
- Teacher Training (6 March 2018)
- Adapting the TaRL approach to different contexts (11 December 2018)
- Maintaining Quality at Scale (upcoming – date TBD)
- Research Lessons and Agenda (upcoming – date TBD)
We will share the presentations and webinar recordings on this page after each webinar.