The TaRL Bootcamp is an intensive 10-day training programme offered by Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) Africa, aimed at developing the skills of individuals who have no prior experience with the TaRL methodology or have experience implementing TaRL. This programme is designed specifically for those intending to implement TaRL programmes across the continent. The main objective of the TaRL Bootcamp is to equip participants with the essential knowledge and skills to effectively implement TaRL programmes, which support children in acquiring basic literacy and numeracy skills.
The training will take place in Nairobi, Kenya, in July 2023. The exact dates will be shared later.
The course will focus on:
- Understand the TaRL methodology.
- Implementing the methodology
- Understand new concepts on TaRL for example Language Learning from Familiar to Formal (L2F2 )
- Train others on the TaRL methodology
To be eligible for the TaRL Bootcamp, you must meet the following criteria:
For individuals to participate in the basic training, they are expected to:
- Be part of an organisation implementing education programs, TaRL included, or an organisation that has shown interest in implementing TaRL on the African continent
- Should be able to conduct a TaRL practice classes for a period of 20 days continuously
- Have worked in the organisation implementing or planning to implement TaRL for a year
- Be based in Sub-Saharan Africa and have plans to implement TaRL programmes in the same region.
- Demonstrate a clear plan on how the skills acquired during the training will be utilised
Organisations should meet the following criteria
- The organisation should have a TaRL programme or is planning to implement for at least one implementation cycle
- The organisation should have a budget and financial resources available for TaRL programming
The training will take place in Nairobi, Kenya. Potential trainees should be able to cover their travel and accommodation costs.
The application process for the TaRL bootcamp will commence in mid April and remain open until the 15th of May. Only individuals who meet the criteria set for the training will be considered eligible. The application process will be conducted online via an application form that will be available during the designated application period.
A certificate will only be issued once an individual has satisfactorily completed all the training sessions. This includes full attendance, demonstrating mastery of the TaRL approach, conducting practice lessons, and submitting all required data and reports.
How to apply
Please fill in the application form by 31st May 2023. Only applications submitted through the form will be accepted.