30 August 2017
Are you part of an implementing organization or government that is frustrated by inadequate gains in learning outcomes? Are you interested in learning about an effective strategy to improve foundational skills? Sign up for the TaRL mailing list to receive news about the upcoming webinars.
Join us for a series of webinars about Pratham’s Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL), a methodology that has been shown, through rigorous evaluations, to consistently improve basic reading and numeracy skills. Each webinar will feature presentations by Pratham, J-PAL, and a number of our partner organizations and will give you the opportunity to ask questions.
Session 1: What is Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL)?
This webinar took place on Wednesday, August 30 and provided an overview of TaRL and discussed the pros and cons of different implementation and design decisions. Rukmini Banerji (CEO, Pratham), Annie Duflo (Executive Director, IPA), and John Floretta(Director of Policy, J-PAL) presented and answered audience questions.
Links to resources from the first session:
Sign up for the TaRL mailing list to get news on upcoming webinars.
- What is Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL)? (30 August 2017)
- Assessment (27 October 2017)
- Monitoring and Mentoring (7 December 2017)
- Teacher Training (6 March 2018)
- Adapting the TaRL approach to different contexts (11 December 2018)
- Maintaining Quality at Scale (upcoming – date TBD)
- Research Lessons and Agenda (upcoming – date TBD)
We will share the presentations and webinar recordings on this page after each webinar.